2 (two) distinct versions of the app exist, 1 (one) for “Courier” and 1 (one) for “Customers” (as defined in the ezyCourier TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE hereinafter referred to as “T&Cs”). Where the context requires a Courier or a Customer may be referred to as “you” or “your” herein.
The Types of Information Easy Planet Collects
Through the ezyCourier app Easy Planet collects Personally Identifiable Information, which is information that identifies a particular individual (whether directly or indirectly). In the case of a Courier the following information will be collected:
1. Courier’s name in full
2. Courier’s date of birth
3. Verifiable proof of identity, as evinced by the provision of a valid Identification card and a valid driving licence to staff of Easy Planet
4. Courier’s residential address
5. Courier’s email address
6. Courier’s ezyCourier account details
7. Courier’s mobile telephone number
8. Access to photographs stored on Courier’s Smartphone in order that a photograph of the package being collected can be uploaded
9. Access to the camera on Courier’s Smartphone in order that a photograph of the package being collected can be uploaded
10. Courier’s current location will be tracked by Easy Planet, using the Global Positioning Satellite (“GPS”) tracking system, and when delivering an order placed through ezyCourier Courier should ensure that GPS is activated and operating continuously and that Courier’s Smartphone is powered on until the package has been successfully delivered to and received by Recipient (as defined in the T&Cs)
13. A photograph of Courier’s vehicle for the purposes of verification and identification by staff of Easy Planet
14. A photograph of Courier’s vehicle registration number for the purposes of verification and identification by staff of Easy Planet
In the case of a Customer the following information will be collected:
1. Customer’s name in full
2. Customer’s email address
3. Customer’s ezyCourier account information
4. Customer’s mobile telephone number
5. Customer’s current location will be tracked by Easy Planet, using the Global Positioning Satellite (“GPS”) tracking system, in order to identify the location from which the order should be collected, therefore Customer should ensure that GPS is activated and operating continuously until order is successfully collected by Courier
6. Photographs stored on Customer’s Smartphone in order that a photograph of the package being sent can be uploaded
7. Customer’s residential address (this can be accessed through GPS) or entered manually
8. Credit card information for payment as supported by payment processing platforms Braintree and PayPal (subject to the third party privacy policies of Braintree and PayPal)
In the case of an individual receiving and taking delivery of an order (hereinafter referred to as a “Recipient” in accordance with the T&Cs) the following information will be collected:
1. Recipient’s name in full
2. Recipient’s telephone number (ezyCourier has a facility that allows access to a Customer’s Smartphone contact list from which the contact details of a Recipient may be added at the discretion of Customer)
Retention of Personally Identifiable Information
How Easy Planet Collects Information
2. Easy Planet collects information through technology, such as GPS, cookies (a packet of data sent by an Internet server to your browser, which is returned by your browser each time you subsequently access the same server, and used to identify you or track your access to the server), Flash cookies (a packet of data similar to cookies that websites using Adobe Flash may store on your computer, to store your preferences, save data from Flash games or to track your Internet activity), and web beacons (an object embedded in a web page or email which unobtrusively (usually invisibly) tracks your access to particular content on that web page or in the email currently displayed); including when you visit Easy Planet websites and apps or use Easy Planet websites and apps, or use apps on third party sites or platforms.
3. Easy Planet may acquire information from other trusted sources to maintain the continuing accuracy or supplement the information you have provided or Easy Planet has collected automatically. In accordance with the Ordinance, your authorisation to the third party may be required in these circumstances.
Use of Your Personally Identifiable Information by Easy Planet
Easy Planet operates a number of different brands in addition to ezyCourier, across websites and apps, however Easy Planet will be the Data User (as defined in the Ordinance) and Data Processor (as defined in the Ordinance) for all of your Personally Identifiable Information. The data will be used for the following purposes:
1. To enable you to seek a Courier that is geographically closest to you
2. To enable you to place an order with the Courier that is geographically closest to you
3. Communicate with you about your account or transactions with ezyCourier and send you information about features on other Easy Planet branded websites and apps or changes to Easy Planet policies
4. In accordance with the Ordinance and the choices and controls that may be available to you
• Send you offers and promotions for other Easy Planet websites, apps, products and services
• Personalise content and experiences on other Easy Planet websites and apps
• Optimize or improve Easy Planet products, services and operations
• Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate Easy Planet policies or be illegal
Sharing Your Information With Other Companies
Easy Planet will not share your Personally Identifiable Information with other companies, except in very limited circumstances, including:
• When you allow Easy Planet to share your Personally Identifiable Information with another company; in such an event you would elect to so share your Personally Identifiable Information, to allow that company to send you offers and promotions about their products and services
• Directing Easy Planet to share your Personally Identifiable Information with third party platforms, such as social networking sites. Please be aware that once Easy Planet has shared your Personally Identifiable Information in this way with another company, the Information received by the other company becomes subject to that company’s privacy practices and Easy Planet is no longer responsible for it.
• When companies perform duties on Easy Planet’s behalf, such as package delivery and customer service; in such an event these companies are prohibited from using your Personally Identifiable Information for purposes other than requested by Easy Planet or required by law.
• When Easy Planet shares Personally Identifiable Information with third parties to enforce the T&Cs or other policies and rules, to protect Easy Planet’s rights and property and the rights and property of third parties, to comply with legal processes, or in the event that Easy Planet is required to do so in good faith, by law.
In accordance with the Ordinance, Easy Planet provides you with the right and ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding collection, use, retention and sharing of your Personally Identifiable Information, including:
• You may correct, manage, update and delete your Personally Identifiable Information by accessing the “Profile tab” in the ezyCourier app
• You may change your choices to any subscriptions you have made
• You may choose whether to receive offers and promotions for other Easy Planet branded website, apps, products and services
• You may choose whether Easy Planet shares your Personally Identifiable Information with other companies or third parties, in order that they may send you offers and promotions about their own products and services
• You may request access to the Personally Identifiable Information Easy Planet holds about you and that Easy Planet amends or deletes and Easy Planet requests third parties with whom Easy Planet has shared the Personally Identifiable Information to do the same
• You may authorise or refuse to authorise Easy Planet to share your Personally Identifiable Information outside Hong Kong, should Easy Planet wish to do so, Easy Planet will only do so, with your written consent, except in the event that Easy Planet is required to do so by law.
Online Tracking and Advertising
Easy Planet (and any third party service providers operating on our behalf) collects information about your activity on Easy Planet websites and apps using tracking technologies such as cookies, Flash cookies and web beacons. This tracking data is used for a number of purposes;
1. Providing useful features to simplify your experience when you return to Easy Planet websites and apps; for example, by remembering your residential address and other information for future purchase;
2. Delivering relevant content based on your preferences, usage patterns and location;
3. Monitoring and evaluating the use and operation of Easy Planet websites and applications;
4. Analysing traffic on Easy Planet websites and on the websites of third parties
Easy Planet may associate this tracking data with your registration account, in which case Easy Planet will treat it as Personally Identifiable Information. Service providers that collect tracking data on the behalf of Easy Planet may provide an opportunity for you to choose not to be tracked online.
Advertisers and third parties may also collect information about your activity on Easy Planet websites and apps and on third party websites and apps using tracking technologies. Tracking data collected by these advertisers and third parties is used to decide which advertisements you see both on Easy Planet websites and apps and on third party websites and apps, but does not identify you personally and is not associated with your registration account.
Please be aware that if you do not allow Easy Planet to collect Personally Identifiable Information from you through ezyCourier, if you are a Customer, Couriers may not be able to deliver goods to you and if you are a Courier you will not be authorised to deliver goods to Customers. In addition, some of Easy Planet’s other branded apps, websites, products and services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences.
Given that minors – that is anyone under the age of 18 years or the age of majority in the country in which you reside – are not able to enter into binding contracts, which for the purposes of the T&Cs governing use of ezyCourier is an essential prerequisite and obligation, Easy Planet does not knowingly collect, use, process, handle or disclose Personally Identifiable Information from or about minors. In the highly unlikely event that Easy Planet has collected the Personally Identifiable Information of a minor, Easy Planet undertakes to take all necessary steps to delete the Personally Identifiable Information within a commercially reasonable period of time.
Data Security and Integrity
The security, integrity and confidentiality of your Personally Identifiable Information is of the highest importance to Easy Planet. Easy Planet has stringent security measures in place that are designed to protect your Personally Identifiable Information from unauthorised access, disclosure, use and modification. Please be informed that despite the fact that Easy Planet endeavours to use the most up-to-date technology and methods to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, no security measures or encryption protocols, no matter how stringent, are perfect or impenetrable.
© Copyright Easy Planet Limited, 2015