CODE OF CONDUCT AND OPERATIONAL RULES
This CODE OF CONDUCT AND OPERATIONAL RULES (hereinafter the “Rules”) is to be read in accordance with the TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE (hereinafter “T&Cs”) for the ezyCourier app and governs the operating procedures and behaviour of anyone wishing to operate as a delivery operative, either by road vehicle, or on foot and other forms of transport, by ordering through the ezyCourier app. Unless specifically stated otherwise words defined in the T&Cs have the same meaning and construction herein. In the context of these Rules the delivery operative to whom these Rules apply and must be followed by is referred to as “you”, “You”, “your” or “Your”. By agreeing to the Rules you are binding yourself to operate in strict accordance with them and you hereby agree that any wilfull or negligent breach of them by you may result in the closure of your ezyCourier User Account and or termination of your Agreement with Easy Planet Limited as the owner and operator of ezyCourier, in accordance with the the Agreement and the operating policies of Easy Planet Limited. If, at the full and sole discretion of Easy Planet Limited, any breach of the Rules is adjudged to be sufficiently serious, Easy Planet Limited may take additional action against you, in addition to those actions aforementioned, in accordance with the actions available to Easy Planet Limited at law and any action which may be taken against you by the authorities in the country in which you operate.
You hereby affirm that
- You are at least 18 years of age and possess all the legal rights, authorities and prerogatives necessary to lawfully commit yourself to abiding by the terms of the Rules on your own behalf.
- If, delivering goods by road vehicle, you must possess a valid driver’s license, verifiable by staff of Easy Planet Limited, for the country in which you operate.
- You shall abide strictly by all Law currently and in future in force in the country in which you operate, which may have a bearing on your activities as a delivery operative, by whatsoever means you deliver goods or parcels.
- If, delivering goods or parcels by road, you shall abide strictly by all the ‘rules of the road’ that are currently considered applicable and may in the future by applicable in the country in which you operate.
- You shall conduct yourself as a delivery operative, delivering goods or parcels ordered through the ezyCourier app, to the highest professional standards expected in the country in which you operate.
- If delivering goods or parcels by road vehicle, you own, or have the legal right to operate (which should be verifiable by staff of Easy Planet Limited), the vehicle used in transporting the ordered goods or parcels and such vehicle should be roadworthy and in good operating condition and will remain roadworthy and in good operating condition at all times during the delivery process.
- When taking orders, you shall use a/the vehicle that you declared to be yours or you have the legal right to operate, and that was sighted and verified by staff of Easy Planet Limited, in accordance with item 3 above. You hereby declare and confirm that the use of any vehicle for which you are not the registered owner OR you do not possess the legal right to operate and which has not been sighted and verified by staff of Easy Planet Limited shall not be used for the delivery of goods or parcels in affiliation with ezyCourier and Easy Planet Limited.
- Only accept orders that have been contracted to be made through the ezyCourier app and which have been photographed and/or described by the person placing the order using the ezyCourier app.
- Be helpful and polite to everyone who places an order and takes delivery of an order. The Easy Planet mission is to create a ‘sharing economy’, and Easy Planet will not only be competitive on price, but on quality as well; your reputation reflects upon the reputation of Easy Planet and you hereby declare that you shall refrain at all times and on all occasions that you are delivering an order placed through the ezyCourier app, from any words, actions or deeds that may call into question, harm or damage the reputation of ezyCourier and/or Easy Planet Limited and the goodwill in which they are held, and conduct yourself while you are delivering an order placed through the ezyCourier app, in a manner that best reflects upon the reputation and goodwill of ezyCourier and Easy Planet Limited.
- The rate charged for transportation of goods or parcels is calculated by the ezyCourier app and payment made electronically directly from the bank account of the person who has placed the order. If the person who has placed the order requires any other help from you, such as moving goods or parcels you should decide how much to charge for this additional service, but you hereby agree to quote a reasonable price in line with market expectations in the country in which you operate, and never over-charge OR bargain OR barter with the person who has placed the order.
- 15 (fifteen) minutes before delivering the goods or parcel to the recipient, you will call to confirm if it is convenient for collection to be made. If the person who has placed the order cannot be reached, call the person who has placed the order to make alternative arrangements.
- You will always be punctual. Be honest with customers on your arrival time, do not underestimate your arrival time, making undertakings or promises you cannot keep is not professional, will harm your reputation and the reputation of ezyCourier and Easy Planet Limited and may not result in repeat business for you.
- You shall make any delivery/fulfill any order you have received, unless you have a legitimate reason for rejecting it. If so, please inform the person who has placed the order, that they should place the order again. Be aware that this will impact your overall performance rating, so never take orders you are not certain you can complete. Failure to deliver an accepted order will harm your reputation and that of ezyCourier and Easy Planet Limited and you are reminded of your previous undertakings and the view of Easy Planet Limited towards breaches of the Rules herein.
- When you are making a delivery of an order of an order placed through the ezyCourier app, ensure you have an item of promotional material (sticker, keychain, or any piece of clothing) bearing the ezyCourier logo and that it is in a prominent place easily visible to the customer. Customers, including persons who have placed orders and recipients, trust the brand name of ezyCourier and they will trust delivery operatives affiliated with ezyCourier more if they see the logo of ezyCourier.
- You shall never, while delivering goods or parcels or fulfilling an order placed through the ezyCourier app, discriminate or harass anyone on the basis of race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age or sexual orientation.
© Copyright Easy Planet Limited, 2015